Recipe by Charlotte J
There is another California Carrots recipe but this one has butter. There are also a couple of variations included.
- 1 lb carrot, cut into 1/4 - inch-thick slices
- boiling water
- 1⁄2 orange, zest of
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion (scallion)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a covered saucepan, cook the carrots in 1 inch of boiling water until just tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain and return the carrots to the saucepan.
- Add the remaining ingredients and heat.
- Brown sugar or honey variation:.
- Omit green onion.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar or 1 tablespoon honey with the remaining ingredients.