Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
From the California Avocado Commision this is a great flavor combination. The original recipe calls for cooked sliced chicken breasts but I leave it out and serve this as a side dish. This salad is easy to throw together. Enjoy!
- 10 ounces salad greens
- 15 ounces mandarin oranges, canned
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, I like them toasted
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 avocados, seeded, peeled and cut into chunks
- In a large bowl combine the salad greens, oranges, red onion and pecans.
- In a small bowl combine the vinaigrette and 1/2 cup of the avocado. Mash and blend the avocado into the dressing.
- Add the remaining avocado and the dressing to the salad and toss to combine.
- Serve immeadiately.
A very pretty, easy to make salad with a great balance of flavors and textures--DH and I really loved this!! I made the recipe with no changes, and particularly enjoyed putting together the dressing (it's easy, clever, and perfect for this salad!). This recipe is ideal for the warm summer months ahead! Thanks so much for sharing it, Slatts!!