1/1 Photo of Calamari, Tomato and Caper Salad
This is easy to make and will certainly impress whoever you serve it to because of its beautiful mix of colors and shapes. It also is very fast to put together. Adapted from Giada di Laurentis of the Food Network.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb calamari, cleaned and sliced into 1/4 to 1/2-inch slices
- 1In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat and cook the garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds; add tomatoes and red pepper flakes and cook about 2 minutes.
- 2Season calamari rings with salt and pepper, then add to the skillet; saute, stirring, until cooked through, about 2 or 3 minutes.
- 3Transfer to a colander to drain a bit.
- 4Place the lemon juice, olive oil, capers, and lemon zest into a clean glass jar with a lid; shake to combine, taste, and season with salt and pepper.
- 5Transfer the salad to a serving bowl, pour dressing over top and gently toss to coat with dressing.
- 6Garnish with fresh parsley.
Browse Our Top Squid Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Squid Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Calamari, Tomato and Caper Salad
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.1
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 88.2 mg
- Sodium 150.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 7.0 g