Courtesy of Rachael Ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, defrosted
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 medium yellow squash, diced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package prepared polenta
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- 2Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish with 1 T olive oil.
- 3Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Add remaining 2 T olive oil, corn, garlic and jalapenos. Saute 3 minutes.
- 5Add zucchini, yellow squash and onions, season with salt, pepper and chili powder. Cook 7-8 minutes.
- 6Add stewed tomatoes and heat through.
- 7Transfer skillet contents to baking dish.
- 8Cut tube of polenta in 1/2-inch slices. Top vegetables with polenta and cheese.
- 9Place in oven to melt cheese and warm polenta, 8-10 minutes.
- 10Garnish with scallions and cilantro.
- 11NOTE: Feel free to add a can of drained black beans or shredded chicken for protein.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Calabacitas Casserole With Polenta and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.0
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 33.5 mg
- Sodium 382.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 13.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: