Courtesy of Rachael Ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, defrosted
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 medium yellow squash, diced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package prepared polenta
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- 2Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish with 1 T olive oil.
- 3Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Add remaining 2 T olive oil, corn, garlic and jalapenos. Saute 3 minutes.
- 5Add zucchini, yellow squash and onions, season with salt, pepper and chili powder. Cook 7-8 minutes.
- 6Add stewed tomatoes and heat through.
- 7Transfer skillet contents to baking dish.
- 8Cut tube of polenta in 1/2-inch slices. Top vegetables with polenta and cheese.
- 9Place in oven to melt cheese and warm polenta, 8-10 minutes.
- 10Garnish with scallions and cilantro.
- 11NOTE: Feel free to add a can of drained black beans or shredded chicken for protein.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Calabacitas Casserole With Polenta and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.0
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 33.5 mg
- Sodium 382.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 13.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: