Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great peanut butter bar recipe that reminds me of my school days. For some reason, I keep losing this recipe, so I thought I would post it this time.
- 1 (18 ounce) package butter recipe cake mix
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 (12 ounce) container icing (Your Choice)
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, Chopped
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 9x13-inch pan.
- Mix first four ingredients.
- Spread mixture into pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until puffed and light golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine: ½ cup crunchy peanut butter, 1 (16 oz) can Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Chocolate Fudge Frosting. Spread on cooled bars.
- Top with: ½ cup chopped peanuts and 1 cup milk chocolate chips.
These are good. I didn't put the chocolate on top--didn't have a taste for something so sweet. If I make them again, I will probably add more peanut butter. To Here 2 Learn: If you mix the egg, peanut butter and water first, it is much easier to incorporate the cake mix. I do it that way, even with my mixer, so that I don't have to over-mix the flour mix. Thanks for the recipe, Mamalovesakm.
The only part that I hesitate about is the so-simple directions of 'mix the first 4 ingredients'... As a long-time peanut butter baked goods eater and first-time maker, I had no idea how hard it would be to hand-mix that stuff together! Whew, burnin' off the calories before I eat it! (Note to self: must invest in mixer soon...) But the end-result is FANTASTIC! And VERY easy, all together. Thanks, Mamalove!