Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this in Mr. Food's "Homecooking in a Hurry Cookbook". I love the cake mix cookie recipes on zaar and use them weekly. This is a simple, yet lighter version of the recipe. Enjoy cooking time is for each sheet of cookies
- 18 1⁄2 ounces cake mix (Devil's Food is great, use any kind you have on hand)
- 1 egg
- 4 ounces whipped topping (1/2 containercool whip or any generic brand, can use reduced brand but not fat free)
- 1⁄2 cup sifted powdered sugar (also can be blended with cocoa powder)
- Combine first 3 ingredients, stirring well (dough will be sticky).
- Dust hand with powdered sugar and shape balls into 3/4 in balls. Roll balls in powdered sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheet 2" apart.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 10-12 minute Remove to wire rack to cool.
- check after 8 min- ovens vary.
Just tried these today and thought they turned out great. I am always on the lookout for a healthier version of baked goods as I love to bake, but would never have thought to use cool whip. I was a little skeptical so I did do half oil/half cool whip and thought they tasted great. I also added chocolate chunks and peanut butter M&M's to the batter. Next time I will definately omit the oil all together. Thanks for the recipe.