Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Very easy, few ingredients. Child friendly
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box butter recipe cake mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup real butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar, for coating
- Beat together all ingredients, except powdered sugar; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Roll into 1-inch balls; roll in powdered sugar and arrange 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar when cooled.
WOW! This cookie is like crack! I followed this recipe as is and it was wonderful. I get tons of compliments. I got creative and used different cake mixes. The strawberry and lemon are both heavenly with the cream cheese! Thank you so much for this amazing recipe!