Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
that icing is not to sweet and fast asnd easy to mix
- 2 lbs powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups shortening (crisco)
- 2 teaspoons clear vanilla extract (if you want pure white icing)
- 1 teaspoon butter flavor extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup hot tap water
- Cream shortening.
- add extracts and salt mix till blended.
- Then add little powdered sugar and little water.
- mix on med speed till all sugar and water is used.
- this makes about 2 c.
- I figured that for a wedding cake 3 tier 6 10 14 takes 5 batches of icing for a finished cake if you are doing flowers need to add a little more powdered sugar to get a stiffer icing.