Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Is it cake or is it bread? it is delicious at any rate and is good for a snack on the go or a quick bite in the morning. (NOTE: feel free to add some berries to the batter for berry snack slices or swirl in some cinnamon and raisins for cinnamon swirl snack cakes)
- 4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 3 small eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- Pre heat the oven to 350 F.
- Mix in the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and add the eggs, buttermilk, and butter whisking thoroughly until it makes a fairly smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into a buttered rectangular pan and bake at 350 degrees farenheit for 45 minutes to and hour; or until deeply golden on the top and mildly brown on the bottom (do not burn).
- Remove the pan and let cool for 5-10 minutes before removing loaf and slicing. Enjoy at any temperature, lasts for 1 week covered with foil or bagged.