Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is almost the only way I eat salmon. Note: I find this dish spicier when baked than when grilled. I use a frozen wild whole salmon fillet cut into about 6 pieces; feel free to use fresh salmon or whatever cut you like. If using salmon steaks, I would brush the seasoning on both sides.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 800 g boneless salmon fillets, whole, frozen, skin on
- Thaw salmon; cut salmon into desired number of pieces; place skin down on a large tray or baking sheet.
- Combine oil and spices, spread on top of salmon fillet.
- Grill on barbeque till done, about 15-20 minutes or bake in a 400F 15-20 minutes.
- Remove skin prior to serving.
This was ultra easy but I found the spicy flavour didn't enhance the salmon. It would be more suited to a plainer fish that needs jazzing up... not fish I paid $24.99 kg for. It may be because I used about 350g of fresh tasmanian salmon to the same amount of mixture in this recipe.
Quick and easy to prepare-5 mins mixing the seasoning and then into the oven. Great salmon doesn't get any easier than this. 20 minutes in a 200C. oven. Perfect. Thanks for sharing a great simple recipe :)
Very tasty and easy to prepare for just 2 people! I used frozen Schwan's Alaskan salmon fillets and they worked out really well; perfect size, skin already removed, easy to defrost. Even though they weren't steaks I brushed the seaoning on both sides anyway, which just added to the flavor.