- 1⁄2 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce or 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces
- 1 lb catfish fillet, about 1 inch thick, cut into 4 portions
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and cover a baking sheet with foil.
- Blend the first 5 ingredients in a shallow dish. Combine cornflakes and pecan pieces in a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped (or crush with a rolling pin in a sealable bag.).
- Alternate dipping fish first in buttermilk mixture and then in the cornflake-pecan mixture coating both sides.
- Bake in the oven until fish flakes easily (about 20 to 25 minutes.) Serve.