Recipe by Big Momma K.
One of my closest friend shared this recipe with me when I told her we were tired of shrimp rings. I use it for when I am in need of a fast appetizer. It's easy and the pan juice is wonderful with chunks of fresh bread dipped in it. Enjoy.
Top Review by Soobeeoz
Delicious, and very quick and easy to make. I bought fresh prawns that had been shelled, used regular butter to which I added two cloves of garlic, 8 drops of Tabasco, 3/4 tsp of All Seasoning Salt and three generous tsps of Cajun Spice. We had it with 2 minute microwave rice. Loved it!
- 1 (454 g) bagof uncooked prawns, thawed under running luke warm water
- 1 (125 g) lactancia garlic butter
- 3 -8 drops Tabasco sauce (or as desired hotness increases so does the Tobasco amount)
- 1 -2 tablespoon cajun spices, to taste (I use Club house variety)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon seasoning salt (I have made it with Larwry's or Hy's)
- 1 loaf of fresh bread, ripped into big chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In a frying pan heated to medium, melt butter then add tobasco sauce, cajun spice and seasoning salt.
- 2. Bring to a gently bubble then add prawns and mix them around the pan until completely covered by the sauce.
- 3. Cook until the prawns are pink (this will vary according to your stove but mine takes about 8 min) and serve hot with chunks of fresh bread for dipping.