Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
One of my closest friend shared this recipe with me when I told her we were tired of shrimp rings. I use it for when I am in need of a fast appetizer. It's easy and the pan juice is wonderful with chunks of fresh bread dipped in it. Enjoy.
- 1 (454 g) bagof uncooked prawns, thawed under running luke warm water
- 1 (125 g) lactancia garlic butter
- 3 -8 drops Tabasco sauce (or as desired hotness increases so does the Tobasco amount)
- 1 -2 tablespoon cajun spices, to taste (I use Club house variety)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon seasoning salt (I have made it with Larwry's or Hy's)
- 1 loaf of fresh bread, ripped into big chunks
- 1. In a frying pan heated to medium, melt butter then add tobasco sauce, cajun spice and seasoning salt.
- 2. Bring to a gently bubble then add prawns and mix them around the pan until completely covered by the sauce.
- 3. Cook until the prawns are pink (this will vary according to your stove but mine takes about 8 min) and serve hot with chunks of fresh bread for dipping.
Delicious, and very quick and easy to make. I bought fresh prawns that had been shelled, used regular butter to which I added two cloves of garlic, 8 drops of Tabasco, 3/4 tsp of All Seasoning Salt and three generous tsps of Cajun Spice. We had it with 2 minute microwave rice. Loved it!