- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 cup honey
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 9 ounces self raising flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 ounces pecan nuts, chopped
- 4 ounces apples or 4 ounces peaches or 4 ounces figs, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease and flour a 8-inch cake tin.
- Place the butter and honey in a large saucepan and melt, stirring to combine.
- Add eggs and lemon juice, mix well then slowly add the flour and salt mixing well.
- Add chopped nuts and fruit, mix well to a very stiff batter then pour in to greased tin and bake for about 30 minutes or until cooked through.