Recipe by Scandigirl
Nicely spiced pasta recipe. You can use lean pork chops instead of the schnitzels. I use 1/2" thickness. Instead of making your own Cajun spice, you can choose ready made. For pasta you can choose larger size pasta or noodles of choice.
- 2 pork schnitzels, 1/2-inch thickness
- 15 g butter
Cajun spice mix
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 stalks celery, with top sliced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces chopped tomatoes, canned
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 8 ounces pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend all spices for the Cajun spice mix.
- Sauce onion, garlic and celery in the olive oil.
- Add chopped tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper, saute for 5 minutes.
- Boil pasta and pour the sauce on top.
- Dry ham schnitzels well with paper towel.
- Sprinkle Cajun spice on both sides.
- Melt butter on frying pan until golden. Brown schnitzels on both sides and saute 2 minutes on each side.