Recipe by Dreamgoddess
These grits are wonderful with any type of seafood... but especially fried catfish. Yummy!!
Top Review by Barb G.
This is very tasty, I cut the recipe in half for the 2 of us, didn't use the green peppers, personal preference and made it as stated. DH thought it was a little to spicy. This would also be good with a little cheddar cheese added to it. Thank you so much for posting the recipe.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cans Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups grits, cooked (NOT instant grits)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Cool, crumble and set aside.
- Drain all the bacon grease from the skillet except 2 tablespoons.
- Saute the onions and green pepper in the bacon grease until the onion is translucent.
- Add the tomatoes to the onions and peppers.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the cooked grits to the tomato mixture.
- Top with the reserved crumbled bacon.