Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an awesome seafood cornbread, though it almost comes out like a casserole. It has so many ingredients it doesnt firm up quite as hard as cornbread usually.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped canned jalapeno slices
- 2 cups combination seafood (crawfish tails, small cooked and peeled shrimp, or claw crabmeat)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking soda and sugar.
- In another bowl, mix together milk, egg, and oil.
- Add onion, salt, green pepper, corn, cheese, green onion, and jalapeno to milk mixture, combining well. Stir into flour mixture. Then gently stir in seafood.
- Transfer mixture to 13x9x2 pan coated with non-stick cooking spray. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until golden brown and knife inserted into center comes out clean.