Recipe by Basque Princess
Try this when you are feeling daring and want to mix things up a bit! A Southern inspired recipe that is sure to add a little fun to your dinner table. Try serving it with corn bread."
- 4 ounces linguine
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguini pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl, and toss to coat.
- 3. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute chicken in butter until no longer pink and juices run clear, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add green and red bell peppers, sliced mushrooms and green onions; cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat, and stir in heavy cream. Season the sauce with basil, lemon pepper, salt, garlic powder and ground black pepper, and heat through.
- 4. In a large bowl, toss linguini with sauce. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.