Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cajun-style grilled chicken breasts for varied meals such as Caesar salad, sandwiches, and a dinner entrée! Cajun chicken can be served hot or cold.
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian herb seasoning
- garlic powder, to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper
- 10 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- In a large shallow dish, mix the oil, Cajun seasoning, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and lemon pepper. Place the chicken in the dish, and turn to coat with the mixture. Cover, and refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Drain chicken, and discard marinade. Place chicken on hot grill and cook for 6 to 8 on each side, or until juices run clear.
I used 2 breasts for this recipe and made it as directed. I have to admit that I thought that all of the spices would be really salty or "unpleasant". So not true! The blend is fantastic! I really enjoyed the chicken with Cajun Stuffed Tomatoes and Cajun Style Baked Sweet Potato. Made for my fellow Tasty Tester. Thanks EK! :)
Five stars! Easy, tasty, very juicy - this will be a keeper for grilling! For the cajun seasoning I used Kickin' Cajun Seasoning Mix and served the grilled chicken with Smokin Hot Black Eyed Peas and Collards.<br/>Thanks for posting :)<br/>Made for ZWT 9 / Cajun and Creole Cooking for The Apron String Travelers