Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I posted this for a Request a Recipe thread. This comes from my very favorite cookbook. Haven't tried it, but hopefully you'll like it.
- 4 ounces coffee
- 1⁄4 ounce Creme de Cacao
- 1 1⁄4 ounces vander mint liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1 tablespoon sweet chocolate shavings
- Pour the coffee and liqueurs into a coffee mug.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
I looked up the recipe where I got it and the correct amount of CREME de COCAO is 1/4 oz. I will have them correct the part in the recipe to read, "heavy cream, whipped" so that it is less confusing.
The flavor is good for this but the recipe is a bit confusing. I finally decided the 1/4 oz of creme de cacao should be 1 1/4, the same as the mint liqueur. Also, it'd be helpful if there was an indication that the heavy cream should be whipped...prior to the point where you top the coffee with it. As it was I just poured the cream into the coffee and had it that way.