Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Ahhh! It's the middle of "May Gray" here in So. California, and that leads right into "June Gloom", and then comes SUMMER!!! So here is a way to use your coffee for a special summer drink! This idea came from another web site. Cook time is freezer time.
- You can lower the fat by using fat-free milk or fat-free half 'n half. You can also use Splenda to replace the sugar, but for me, the flavor was very different.
- SIMPLE DIRECTIONS:.
- Combine hot coffee and sugar in a large bowl. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Add one cup milk. Stir well.
- Cover and freeze in bowl for 8 hours.
- Let thaw slightly in the refrigerator.
- Add 1 cup milk.
- Using hand electric beater, beat at medium speed until broken up.
- Serve immediately with a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
Really really good. I have to watch not to make the coffee so strong next time. Instead of chocolate syrup I plan on using caramel next time, since I love caramel fraps from Starbucks. This was pretty close. I used a blender instead of a hand held electric beater. I also used fat free milk and splenda - still yummy. Thanks HH for posting!!