Recipe by Samuel Holden
Crunchy puff pastry "nests" filled with strong blue "Cabrales Cheese" from Asturias, in Spain. Can be subbed for Stilton or another strong firm blue.
- 300 g cabrales cheese
- 150 g Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1⁄4 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 sheets puff pastry (A4 paper sized)
- 20 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 220ºC.
- Cut Cabrales cheese into small pieces.
- Combine Cabrales with cream cheese, black pepper and yoghurt.
- Cut puff pastry into 18 squares, approximately 9cm square.
- Lightly grease a flat baking tray.
- Take each square and place 1 dessert-spoon full of cheese mix in the centre.
- Dab a little water in the middle of each side of the squares and crimp together, as though folding in half, so as to form little baskets.
- Place baskets on baking tray and open out the tips of the squares so that the cheese mix is visible.
- Bake until the pastry has risen and cracked and is a golden brown colour (approx 15-20 minutes).