Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Crunchy puff pastry "nests" filled with strong blue "Cabrales Cheese" from Asturias, in Spain. Can be subbed for Stilton or another strong firm blue.
- Preheat oven to 220ºC.
- Cut Cabrales cheese into small pieces.
- Combine Cabrales with cream cheese, black pepper and yoghurt.
- Cut puff pastry into 18 squares, approximately 9cm square.
- Lightly grease a flat baking tray.
- Take each square and place 1 dessert-spoon full of cheese mix in the centre.
- Dab a little water in the middle of each side of the squares and crimp together, as though folding in half, so as to form little baskets.
- Place baskets on baking tray and open out the tips of the squares so that the cheese mix is visible.
- Bake until the pastry has risen and cracked and is a golden brown colour (approx 15-20 minutes).