Recipe by mumoftwo
A yummy recipe from the Canadian Diabetic association. My husband really likes this salad! Needs to chill for about an hour, so plan ahead.
Top Review by Karen1808
I've made this many times and it is easy and delicious. I confess, though, I don't use fat-free yorgurt or light mayonnaise, so obviously that is going to change the taste a bit, but I've no doubt it is still wonderful in its healthier version.
- 2 cups cabbage, coarsley shredded
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples, cored and chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl combine cabbage, celery, raisins and walnuts.
- Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Stir in to cabbage mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Stir in apples before serving.
- Diabetic Exchanges - 1 1/4 cup serving = 2 fruit, 1 fat.