Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
So I was browsing around and found some recipe for TURNIP COLE SLAW! Couldn't believe it... REALLY? TURNIP cole slaw? Let just say I wasn't really convinced. until one day I found myself with a head of green cabbage and two large purple top turnips that I didn't know what to do with since Boyfriend doesn't like them. I remembered the Turnip Cole Slaw. Now, I don't like cole slaw, and Boyfriend doesn't like turnips. I just happen to love turnips, and he loves cole slaw. So I threw this together, and he actually asked for more! I told him there were turnips in it and he said "Really?! its GOOD!" I served with oven fried chicken and biscuits, but I think it would be great on/or accompanying a BBQ pulled pork sandwich!
- 1⁄2 head green cabbage
- 2 large purple top turnips
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, small dice
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (plus more if needed)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Blend Mayo, vinegar, jalapeno lime juice and sugar in blender till smooth.
- Refrigerate dressing.
- Julienne turnips very fine.
- Cut cabbage in 1/2 inch strips, the in half lengthwise.
- Toss all ingredient and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Loved it! Had to make a few adjustments like cherry pepper for jalapeno and Radish for turnip and I added salt (substitute) black pepper and garlic pepper. And it was GREAT!<br/><br/>Even for a guy like me it was easy to make. :)