Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe from the Canary islands is adapted from the book !Delicioso! by Penelope Casas. It's one of my faves.
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped watercress, stems trimmed.
- 1 small onion, slivered (Vidalia or Spanish onion preferred)
- 1 small carrot, grated.
- 2 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 8 -12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaf
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Toss salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Fold the dressing into the salad ingredients.
- Chill before serving.