- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 8 cups low-fat chicken broth
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cabbage, shredded
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Add garlic, 2 cups chicken broth, and rice to a large soup pot; bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer; cook, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Process rice mixture and 4 cups broth in a blender; return to the soup pot.
- Add remaining 2 cups broth and cabbage.
- Bring to a simmer; simmer for 15 minutes; season to taste with salt and pepper.