Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple couscous pudding. Makes 4 - 1 cup servings. For ZWT7. From congocooking.com
- 2 cups couscous
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash nutmeg (optional)
- raisins or crushed pineapple or mint (to garnish)
- Prepare 2 cups of couscous according to package directions and allow to cool.
- Combine evaporated milk, yogurt, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla. Stir yogurt mixture into couscous.
- Add more sugar, to taste. Garnish as desired. Serve warm or chilled.
I love couscous and this was very enjoyable. I used strawberry yogurt and some dried strawberries in place of the raisins. This is super quick to make and I chose to chill it through the day and had it cold. Very nice. Made for ZWT7.
This was nice, and I enjoyed it, but it's not something I'd make again. Also, it makes a HUGE amount..way more than 4 cups. I served mine with pineapple, which I thought gave it a nice flavour. Made for ZWT7 - Africa.