Recipe by CheapThrills
So much easier than the saucepan method! Adapted from the back of a JetPuffed marshmallow package. I've used strawberry and chocolate, and it would work with plain/white if you add a small dash of vanilla. I like to top the bars with sprinkles, nuts, etc. while they're still hot in the pan (so they stick). GREAT for lunchboxes or after-school snacks!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows, plain or flavored, 1 large pkg
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional for non-flavored marshmallows (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray or grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat butter about 45 seconds on high or until melted.
- Add marshmallows and stir to coat. Microwave 45 seconds on high. Stir; if not completely melted, put back in microwave for another 30 seconds. Add vanilla if using. Stir again.
- Add rice cereal and stir to thoroughly mix.
- Press mixture firmly into the pan. Cool completely before cutting into 12 or 24 squares. Wrap individually in plastic wrap and store in fridge or freezer; thaw before eating.