Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
So much easier than the saucepan method! Adapted from the back of a JetPuffed marshmallow package. I've used strawberry and chocolate, and it would work with plain/white if you add a small dash of vanilla. I like to top the bars with sprinkles, nuts, etc. while they're still hot in the pan (so they stick). GREAT for lunchboxes or after-school snacks!
- Spray or grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat butter about 45 seconds on high or until melted.
- Add marshmallows and stir to coat. Microwave 45 seconds on high. Stir; if not completely melted, put back in microwave for another 30 seconds. Add vanilla if using. Stir again.
- Add rice cereal and stir to thoroughly mix.
- Press mixture firmly into the pan. Cool completely before cutting into 12 or 24 squares. Wrap individually in plastic wrap and store in fridge or freezer; thaw before eating.
Easy and delicious!
Quick and easy! We used chocolate crispies, flavored marshmallows and Mexican vanilla. The kids loved helping.
What a nice and easy-to-make snack! The vanilla is a great addition. This method is so easy, why would you make rice krispy treats any other way? Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2008