Recipe by Karen=^..^=
These are a CHOCOLATE Lover's Fantasy :) Two layers of chocolate delight with graham crackers in between. I have no idea why they are named "By-Cracky" (except for the crackers) since it is one of those recipes I had written down at one time or another over the years, but make often because they are incredibly yummy :)
Top Review by Sherri35
I was hoping for more of a cookie-like texture, but I found them to be very dry and crunchy. I followed the instructions exactly so perhaps it's the way they're supposed to be. Sorry I couldn't give a better review.
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 9 whole graham crackers
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat well on low speed.
- Combine flour, salt and soda and add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, mixing well after each addition.
- Add vanilla, stirring well.
- Place one third of batter in another bowl and stir melted chocolate and walnuts into this.
- Spread chocolate mixture in a greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Arrange graham crackers over batter (you may not need all 9).
- Add chocolate morsels to remaining batter and drop by spoonfuls over crackers, carefully spreading to cover.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool and cut into bars.