Buttery Polenta With Parmesan, Olive Oil Fried Eggs, and Garlick
- Bring water or broth to a simmer. Stir in the polenta and salt. Simmer the polenta, stirring frequently but not constantly, until thickenedd to taste, about 10 to 20 minutes. Stir in the butter and pepper and cover the pot to keep warm.
- Slice the cheese chunk into slivers using a vegetable peeler. Or grate the cheese on the largest holes of a box grater.
- Stack the chard leaves on top of each other and slice into 1/4-inch thick strips.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, and saute for 30 seconds, until the garlic is fragrant. Stir in the chard, coating in oil. Cover the pan and cook for about 2 minutes, until wilted. Stir and cook for 2 minutes longer, uncovered. Season with salt. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Fry four of the eggs until the edges are crispy and the yolks are still runny. Repeat with the remaining oil and eggs.
- Pile polenta into bowls, top with swiss chard, cheese and then fried egg. Garnish with sea salt and more pepper and serve.