Recipe by Hoosier Margie
So buttery and good. I would leave the peanuts out for my dad. For everyone else, I used raw peanuts. Cooling time is not figured in.
Top Review by Freewhat2
This Recipe was a Total Flop for Me. It never Hardened. The taste was ok but it was more like brittle caramel peanuts!! I questioned a cup of butter or two sticks of butter??? That is a Lot but I put a cup of butter. This Didn't Work For Me
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter
- 2 cups raw peanuts or 2 cups roasted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, syrup and water in 3 quart pan.
- Cook and stir until sugar dissolves.
- When syrup boils, blend in butter.
- Stir frequently after mixture reaches syrup stage (230°).
- Add nuts when temperature reaches soft crack (280°) and stir constantly until hard crack (305°).
- Remove from heat.
- Quickly stir in baking soda, mixing thoroughly.
- Pour onto 2 large, well butter cookie sheets.
- As candy cools, stretch out thin by lifting and pulling from edges, using 2 forks.
- Loose from pans as soon as possible and turn candy over.
- Break in pieces.
- I use table knife handle.