Prep 0 mins
Cook 7 mins
- 1⁄2 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Grease baking sheet.
- Combine Butter Flavor Crisco, sugar and milk in medium bowl.
- Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- Beat in egg and vanilla; beat until blended.
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder.
- Mix into creamed mixture at low speed until just blended.
- Drop by level tablespoonfuls of dough 2-inches apart onto baking sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 7-9 minutes or until set.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to cooling rack.
- There are several variations that can be used with these cookies such as frosting them as wreaths or ornaments for the holiday season.
- Using a chocolate frosting between two cookies for a sandwich.
- Or dipping 1/2 of the cookie into chocolate frosting then into nuts.
- NOTE: For larger cookies, drop by tablespoonfuls of dough into a mound for each cookie. Place 3-inches apart on baking sheet. Bake at 375°F for 11-13 minutes, or until set. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to cooling rack.
These were easy to make. They had a great flavor. I used a sugar sub for the sugar. They turned out great. I will be saving this recipe for future baking. Thanks for the great recipe.