Recipe by Sydney Mike
Although the original of this recipe was found in the 2009 Taste of Home Best Holiday Recipes, this vegetable dish can be made anytime of the year!
Top Review by breezermom
The colors are just beautiful! I left out some of the lemon juice....felt it might be too overpowering. The sauce was delicious, but let the flavors of the vegetables shine through. Thanks for posting, Syd! Made for PRMR Tag!
- 1⁄2 lb carrot, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 12 Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, minced or 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook the carrots and Brussel sprouts in boiling water until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes; drain.
- In a small saucepan, melt the unsalted butter; add ginger and cook for 2 minutes before adding lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar, and lemon pepper.
- Pour sauce over vegetables and serve.