Recipe by Manami
Nice and easy spread for any time or whatever the occasion! Have made it up to a month in advance and there was no problem--it was nice and creamy!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package chive & onion cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (4 ounce) packagecrumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup toasted chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup toasted chopped cashews or 1⁄2 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped chives (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup cream sherry (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) round sourdough loaf or 1 (16 ounce) pumpernickel bread
- toasted whole pecans or toasted whole walnuts or toasted whole cashews
- chopped fresh chives
- rosemary sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together first 4 ingredients and if desired, chives and toasted pecans or walnuts or cashews, in a large bowl; cover and chill mixture 8 hours.
- Let stand at room temperature to soften; or freeze spread up to 1 month and thaw in the refrigerator for 8 hours.
- Hollow out bread loaf, leaving a 1" thick shell.
- Reserve inside of loaf for other uses or sprinkle with olive oil and garlic powder and toast; and store in airtight container.
- Spoon softened cheese spread into shell.
- Garnish, if desired.
- Serve with sliced apples and pears or with toasted French baguette slices.