Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Rice krispie treats with a hint of butterscotch makes these desserts more flavorful! I made this recipe up myself!
- 6 1⁄2 ounces Rice Krispies (6 1/2 cups)
- 1 (10 ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
- 5 ounces butterscotch chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Before you start, lightly grease a 12 x 18 inch sheetcake pan and spatula, this will keep the marshmallows from sticking.
- Set a medium or large sized pot on the stove, and turn the stove on to medium - high.
- Add butter to the pot.
- Let the butter melt a little bit, just enough to cover the bottom of the pan so the marshmallows don't stick.
- Add marshmallows to the pot.
- Stir butter and marshmallows together in the pot with the spatula for about 3 minutes, you want to keep stirring constantly to make sure the mixture melts evenly and throughout.
- Add the butterscotch morsels and stir again for about another 2 minutes, or until the butter and marshmallows turn into a fluffy "goo", and the butterscotch is mixed evenly throughout.
- (These last few steps you will want to do very quickly, before the marshmallow mixture cools).
- Turn off the stove and mix the rice krispies into the marshmallow mixture.
- Add the mixture into the pan, and spread out evenly with the spatula.
- Let cool for about 20 minutes.
- Once cooled, with a knife, slice the rice krispie into small rectangles, about 2 x 3in, and ENJOY!
- For leftovers, keep the treats in the pan and cover the pan with saran wrap or foil.
Yum! I made a few modifications because of the size of ingredients I bought: 1 (11 oz) bag of butterscotch chips, plus one bag of Reeses Pieces. These were delicious with just a hint of butterscotch and peanut butter, but not overly sweet. Will definitely make them again!
Super easy and a great twist on the standard Rice Krispie Treats. My kids loved them and my coworkers gobbled them up fast too! Will definately make again.