Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Rice krispie treats with a hint of butterscotch makes these desserts more flavorful! I made this recipe up myself!
- Before you start, lightly grease a 12 x 18 inch sheetcake pan and spatula, this will keep the marshmallows from sticking.
- Set a medium or large sized pot on the stove, and turn the stove on to medium - high.
- Add butter to the pot.
- Let the butter melt a little bit, just enough to cover the bottom of the pan so the marshmallows don't stick.
- Add marshmallows to the pot.
- Stir butter and marshmallows together in the pot with the spatula for about 3 minutes, you want to keep stirring constantly to make sure the mixture melts evenly and throughout.
- Add the butterscotch morsels and stir again for about another 2 minutes, or until the butter and marshmallows turn into a fluffy "goo", and the butterscotch is mixed evenly throughout.
- (These last few steps you will want to do very quickly, before the marshmallow mixture cools).
- Turn off the stove and mix the rice krispies into the marshmallow mixture.
- Add the mixture into the pan, and spread out evenly with the spatula.
- Let cool for about 20 minutes.
- Once cooled, with a knife, slice the rice krispie into small rectangles, about 2 x 3in, and ENJOY!
- For leftovers, keep the treats in the pan and cover the pan with saran wrap or foil.