1/1 Photo of Butterscotch Peach Jam
1 hr 30 mins
Butterscotch flavored peaches. Buttershots liqueur and brown sugar is used to bring in the butterscotch flavor. Now try this on a scoop of ice cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl or saucepan sprinkle peaches with brown sugar and lemon juice and let sit while gathering the remaining ingredients.
- 2In a large heavy bottom saucepan combine peach mixture, pectin, cinnamon sticks and butter to keep foam down.
- 3Cook over high heat stirring frequently to prevent scorching about 15 minutes or until full rolling boil.
- 4(OPTIONAL) Use a submersion blender or a potato masher if small pieces are desire.
- 5Avoiding the cinnamon sticks.
- 6Stir in white sugar.
- 7Return to a full rolling boil. Boil hard for (3) minutes stirring constantly.
- 8Remove from heat and add Southern Comfort and vanilla extract. Remove cinnamon stick.
- 9Skim off foam. Ladle in hot sterilized jars leaving 1/4 inch head space, wipe rims and place lids and screw top on.
- 10Place in a hot water bath covering by 1 inch of water.
- 11Process in boiling bath 10 minutes. Shut heat off and let sit in water bath 5 more minutes. Then remove the jars from the hot water without tilting and set aside to cool.
- 12Leave for 12 hours then check the seals on the jars by pressing on the centers of the lids. If the lids do not spring back, they are vacuum sealed and the jam can be stored at room temperature. Another way to check is to remove the ring and try to lift the lid.
- 13If it lifts up, it wasn't sealed properly.
- 14If the lid flexes, there is no seal, so store the jar in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterscotch Peach Jam
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 130
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 31.2
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 2.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: