Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've been on the lookout for butterscotch recipes lately and this one looks delicious.
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 18 vanilla wafers, coarsely crushed
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 maraschino cherries (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, beat milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes or until thickened. In six parfait glasses, alternate layers of pudding, wafer crumbs and whipped topping. Garnish with cherry if desired. Refrigerate until serving.
I used skim milk, Jello Fat & Sugar Free Butterscotch Pudding, Cool Whip Free and Mini Nilla Wafers. Because the wafers are so tiny, I simply layered them in between the pudding and Cool Whip without crushing them first. I don't have parfait dishes, so I layered this dessert in big-bowled wine glasses -- looked and was scrumptious!