Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ooh, these cookies are good! Easy, no fail and perfect for holiday gifts.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup other nuts
- Melt together butter and shortening, add both sugars, mix well.
- Add eggs to this mixture and beat until batter is light in color.
- Sift the already sifted flour with the soda and salt.
- Add the vanilla and nuts.
- Cover and chill this dough until firm.
- Roll out into 1 inch balls and place at least two inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7- 10 minutes.
libby my mother in law makes these too it seems more like a cookie to her thanks for posting them