Recipe by PanNan
These bark cookies have a coconut/pecan/chocolate chip topping. They are so easy to make, which is a good thing because they don't last long! The recipe is similar to one I found in Martha Stewart's Food Everyday magazine. This recipe is a great way to use up those Southern U.S. pecans.
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup shredded and sweetened coconut
- 1 cup chocolate chips (mini morsels work best)
- 12 graham crackers, full size, broken in half
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spread pecans and coconut on a baking sheet.
- Bake until coconut is golden- about 5 minutes.
- Toss mixture with chocolate chips.
- In a mixing bowl, whip the butter and sugar together until creamy.
- Spread the mixture generously and evenly on the graham cracker squares.
- Line a 10 X 15 rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Line with the buttered graham cracker squares to fit in the pan in a single layer.
- Bake until bubbly- about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the nut/coconut/chocolate chip mixture over the hot graham crackers, and press gently.
- Cool and break into cookie size pieces.