Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Gooseberry Patch Old-Fashioned Country Cookies.
- 1 1⁄2 cups pared cored, chopped apples
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Add the first 4 ingredients to a mixing bowl; stir to mix well; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the brown sugar and butter until creamy.
- Add in the eggs and milk; beat until well blended.
- Sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture.
- Blend in the fruit/nut mixture; add in oats and stir to combine.
- Drop by level tablespoonsful 3 inches apart on a well greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 400° oven for 8-10 minutes.
There was too much going on in these cookies. The recipe looked good, but I'm not sure if I did something wrong, because they weren't as good as I expected them to be. The edges burnt on the first batch when I cooked them as directed, so I lowered the oven temp to 350Âº and the second batch came out better. But between the apples, raisins, and butterscotch chips, it was overpoweringly sweet. I would leave out the raisins next time and see if that makes it better.