Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My own invented recipe. Good the next day, too!
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen butternut squash
- 2 granny smith apples
- 2 carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 2 scallions
- 1 tablespoon horseradish mustard
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- Thaw the frozen squash in separate container.
- Peel and chop the carrots.
- Place the carrots in a pot and add enough water to cover them.
- Simmer the carrots until soft.
- Heat the olive oil in a pot.
- Saute the apples until softened and slightly browned.
- Shake a few dashes of cinnamon onto the apples.
- Add the softened carrots (and the water they cooked in) and saute for a few more minutes, then mash with a fork to desired consistancy (I like it slightly chunky.).
- Add the thawed butternut squash, the orange zest and the 3/4 cup of water.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Chop the scallions finely and add, stir in the horseradish mustard and vanilla soymilk and simmer 15 more minutes.
- Just before serving, add cinnamon and ground black pepper to taste.