Recipe by the_cookie_lady
This comes from the November 2006 issue of All*You Magazine. It looks quite interesting as the squash is actually made into gnocchi!
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) butternut squash
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 chopped shallot
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F; line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut top and bottom off the squash and halve it lengthwise; remove seeds. Put halves cut side down on pan; bake for 1 hour, until squash is fork-tender.
- Pulse 1 1/2 cup squash flesh, eggs, flour, 2/3 cup grated Parmesan, salt and pepper in a food processor until smooth.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Prepare a large bowl of ice water. Using a spoon, scoop 1 tbsp squash mixture. With another spoon, form an oval; drop it into boiling water. Make 10 gnocchi. When they float, cook for 5 minutes and then place in ice water. Repeat with remaining batter. Let cool and pat dry.
- Melt butter over medium heat. Add shallot; cook, stirring occasionally, until soft (about 5 minutes). Add gnocchi and 2/3 cup vegetable broth; cook, turning until heated. Sprinkle with 1/4 grated Parmesan.