1/5 Photos of Butternut Squash Cornbread
1 hr 5 mins
This cornbread is moist with a pleasant taste of winter squash. Any winter squash will do, but buttenut really brings this dish to life. Butternut squash is commonly used in South Africa. It is often used in soup/stew or can be cooked on a grill and often used as a mash added to various dishes. Grilled butternut is normally either seasoned with spices such as nutmeg and cinnamon. If you have a cast iron skillet, use it instead of the loaf pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine corn meal, flour, baking powder, spices & salt.
- 2Cream butter, add sugar & beat until light.
- 3Add eggs, lemon juice, squash and milk until combined.
- 4Gradually add dry ingredient until well combined.
- 5Pour batter into a buttered loaf pan & bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 50 minute or until a knife inserted comes clean. Cool 10 minute before serving.
- 6If using a cast iron skillet, grease skillet and preheat in 350 degree oven. Pour batter in hot skillet and bake until a knife inserted comes clean.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.4
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 78.0 mg
- Sodium 456.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 4.2 g