Delicious, Healthy Butternut Squash Soup
photo by Isabeau
- Ready In:
1 1 soup
- 1 butternut squash, small, about 2 lbs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- With a heavy knife, cut squash in half lengthwise. Peel, remove seeds and chop flesh into roughly 1” cubes. You should have about 5 cups.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook 3 minutes. Add squash, oregano, paprika, and cinnamon, and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil. Redcue heat; cover and simmer about 25 minutes, until squash is tender.
- Purée soup untili smooth using an immersion blender, or by carefully ladling soup into a blender or food processor in batches - whir until smooth and return soup to pot. Add cilantro and warm through (with salt and pepper to taste).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!