Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A yummy vegetarian chili that works great in a slow cooker. Start it in the morning and it can be ready by lunch. Use your choice of beans--I use a can each of black beans and red kidney beans. Nice over rice.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces chilies, canned
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 28 ounces canned tomatoes, diced style
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- Combine all ingredients in a crockpot and cook on high for about 4 hours, or put on low while at work all day.