This is a creamy soup that does not use dairy except for the canned condensed soup. It can be made vegetarian by using vegetable broth and cream of mushroom, or cream of celery or even cream of onion. It is easy to make and easy to eat. I use 12 ounce packages of frozen butternut squash cubes Archer Farm Brand from Target.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook squash in chicken broth in large sauce over low heat about 20 minutes.
- 2Whisk in creamed corn and cream soup until well mixed.
- 3cook for 10 minutes until just beginning to boil.
- 4At this point, I use a stick blender to puree the soup.
- 5Garnish with sliced green onions.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.6
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 4.0 mg
- Sodium 1070.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 6.8 g