- 4 cups seeded peeled diced squash
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In 3 qt saucepan, cover squash with water and cook until tender.
- Place in blender and puree.
- In the saucepan, melt butter, add onion and garlic.
- Cook until tender.
- Add pureed squash, broth, and spices.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add milk, heat through, stirring.