Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 4 cups seeded peeled diced squash
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- In 3 qt saucepan, cover squash with water and cook until tender.
- Place in blender and puree.
- In the saucepan, melt butter, add onion and garlic.
- Cook until tender.
- Add pureed squash, broth, and spices.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add milk, heat through, stirring.
This was an excellent bisque and very easy to put together. Only problem was that I didn't make enough for seconds. The hint of nutmeg made the difference - don't forget it.
This was really delicious. I used extra pepper and added a dash of cayenne. Oh, I also upped the garlic to three cloves. Very delicious soup. Creamy and comforting. Thanks!
Wow, easy and quick. Kids couldn't get enough of it. Next time I need to make more.