Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
The best pumpkin soup recipe I have tasted! I saw it on River Cottage.
- 1 butternut squash (chopped into 1cm cubes)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 small chili (chopped and de seeded)
- 3 cm piece gingerroot (grated)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 225 g peanut butter
- 1 lime, juice of
- 3 tablespoons coriander
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in a sauce pan and cook onion until translucent, then add chilli, ginger and garlic.
- Add the butternut and some salt and pepper, stir and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and cook for about 20 minutes, until the butternut is soft.
- whizz in a blender.
- 5. Whisk the peanut butter with a small amount of the hot soup, then return it to the soup and stir well.
- 6.Take off heat and stir through lime and coriander.