I actually got this recipe from the manual that came with my belgian waffle maker and turns out it's a great one!! My husband loves these waffles and I haven't had a single complaint from anyone else. Enjoy!
- In large bowl, sift or whisk together flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt to blend thoroughly; set aside.
- In mixer bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Whisk together egg yolks, buttermilk and vanilla to blend. Using a rubber spatula, stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture, blending until dry ingredients are moistened (There should still be small lumps; do not over mix).
- Stir in melted butter.
- Fold in egg whites until combined.
- Pour batter onto hot, greased waffle maker and bake.
Oh, yes! Very nice tasting waffles! Easy to prepare, I thought, & satisfyingly served with a homemade blueberry syrup this time around! Will do these again, for sure! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend recipe tag]
Very tasty waffles. The batter mixes easily even with all the steps and the waffles turn out fluffy and light. I used my Belgian Waffle Maker (does not flip) and they were perfect! Thanks for sharing a great go-to recipe for waffles when I have a bit more time to prepare. Made for I Recommend event.
We used this in our flip-top Belgian waffle maker -- maybe the same one the recipe came from, don't know -- and it made fantastic waffles. Our only complaint would be that it used a lot of dishes. It's an involved project, which could be done in a showy and sociable way for a breakfast event.