Recipe by Mandy likes to cook
I actually got this recipe from the manual that came with my belgian waffle maker and turns out it's a great one!! My husband loves these waffles and I haven't had a single complaint from anyone else. Enjoy!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Oh, yes! Very nice tasting waffles! Easy to prepare, I thought, & satisfyingly served with a homemade blueberry syrup this time around! Will do these again, for sure! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend recipe tag]
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, sift or whisk together flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt to blend thoroughly; set aside.
- In mixer bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Whisk together egg yolks, buttermilk and vanilla to blend. Using a rubber spatula, stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture, blending until dry ingredients are moistened (There should still be small lumps; do not over mix).
- Stir in melted butter.
- Fold in egg whites until combined.
- Pour batter onto hot, greased waffle maker and bake.