I actually got this recipe from the manual that came with my belgian waffle maker and turns out it's a great one!! My husband loves these waffles and I haven't had a single complaint from anyone else. Enjoy!
- In large bowl, sift or whisk together flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt to blend thoroughly; set aside.
- In mixer bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Whisk together egg yolks, buttermilk and vanilla to blend. Using a rubber spatula, stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture, blending until dry ingredients are moistened (There should still be small lumps; do not over mix).
- Stir in melted butter.
- Fold in egg whites until combined.
- Pour batter onto hot, greased waffle maker and bake.