Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
For when I do not have buttermilk on hand.
Make and share this Buttermilk Substitute recipe from Food.com.
- Place lemon juice in a liquid measuring cup.
- Add enough milk to bring the liquid up to the one-cup line.
- Let stand for five minute.
- Then, use as much as your recipe calls for.
- If you put it in the refrigerator for 5 minutes it will thicken.
- Refrigerate any unused portions.
Super simple! I used this for some buttermilk pancakes and it worked really well. Thanks for sharing. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.