1/1 Photo of Buttermilk Substitute
Charlotte J's Note:
For when I do not have buttermilk on hand.
My Private Note
- 1Place lemon juice in a liquid measuring cup.
- 2Add enough milk to bring the liquid up to the one-cup line.
- 3Let stand for five minute.
- 4Then, use as much as your recipe calls for.
- 5If you put it in the refrigerator for 5 minutes it will thicken.
- 6Refrigerate any unused portions.
Browse Our Top Cooking Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Substitute
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.5
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 34.1 mg
- Sodium 119.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 8.0 g