Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's another recipe that comes from the 2006 cookbook SMOOTHIES & JUICES, a copy of which was sent to me by my current cookbook swap partner Tansy. Measurements have been slightly tweaked.
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 1⁄2 cups low-fat buttermilk (I use cultured buttermilk with 2% fat)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar (superfine sugar)
- Put all ingredients in a blender & process until smooth.
- Pour into 2 tall glasses & ENJOY!
WOW! What a treat. I loved this. It kind of tastes like strawberry frozen yogurt. I'm so glad you posted this recipe. I'll be making it again very soon.
Made one serve for the DM and she thoroughly enjoyed. I froze some fresh strawberries as they are plentiful and very reasonably priced at the moment and I didn't use the added sugar as I felt the strawberries and the vanilla essence was all it really needed. Thank you Sydney Mike, made for Almost 5 tag game.
Another winner by Syd. Syd I got to tell you that I love your drinks and this one is no exception. I have never tried drinking buttermilk before and man am I converted. This drink is wonderful, full of strawberry flavor, sweet and tangy all at once. I drank the whole pitcher myself, breakfast and lunch. Thank you so much for sharing.